Are you worried about having incurred fines on your Emirates ID but don’t know how to check and pay them? Fortunately, the process is simple and can be done online or in person. In this guide, we will take you to step by step through how to check and pay your Emirates ID fines.
Types of Emirates ID Fines
The most common types of fines and penalties related to Emirates ID use include:
- Late Renewal/Registration: If you fail to renew or register your Emirates ID card within 30 days after its expiry, you will be fined AED 200.
- Damaged Card: If your Emirates ID card is found to be damaged, altered, or replaced with another one, you will be fined AED 200.
- Lost or Stolen Card: If you lose or have your card stolen, you must report it to the police and obtain a police report along with a new Emirates ID card. You will be fined AED 500.
- Misuse of Documents: Any misuse or illegal use of your Emirates ID is subject to fines and penalties up to AED 2,000.
- Unauthorized Use: If you allow someone else to use your Emirates ID card, you will be fined AED 500.
- Misrepresentation of Information: If you provide false information or documents while registering or renewing your Emirates ID card, you may be fined up to AED 1,000.
- Unauthorized Duplication: You will be fined AED 2,000 if you attempt to duplicate your Emirates ID card without permission.
It’s important to be aware of these fines and penalties, as they may increase or decrease depending on the severity of the offense and/or according to UAE law. By following the rules and regulations related to Emirates ID use, you can avoid incurring additional fees and fines.
Checking Emirates ID Fines Online
To check your Emirates ID fines, you can follow the steps outlined below:
Abu Dhabi Police Fine Check:
- Go to the Abu Dhabi Police website at https://es.adpolice.gov.ae/trafficservices/finespublic/inquiry.aspx?Culture=en
- Select your preferred option for fine inquiry – Traffic No, Emirates ID (Individuals Fines), Vehicle Plate, Inquiry By Driving License.
- Enter the image text code and submit.
- Select either RTA Fines or Municipality Fines.
Check your UAE ID fine online with ease by using our guide. You can access it from the comfort of your own home using a PC or smartphone. Simply download the Abu Dhabi Police app, which can be found through the links provided below.
Dubai Police Fine Check:
- Visit the Dubai Police website at www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
- Click on the “Access-Services” tab.
- Select “Fines Inquiry and Payment” and choose your preferred inquiry mode – Plate Details, T.C No, License Details, Ticket Details.
- Click on “Inquiry” to view your fines.
Here is a list of all the official government sites that allow you to pay traffic citations:
- Ministry of Interior
- Abu Dhabi Police
- Dubai Police
- Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority
- RTA Fine Check – Dubai Roads and Transport Authority
Paying Emirates ID Fines
After checking your Emirates ID fines, you can proceed to pay them using any of the available methods:
- Paying Online: Using the official portals of Ministry of Interior, Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai Police, Abu Dhabi Police, and Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, select the option to pay fines. Choose your preferred payment method, and complete the payment process.
- Paying In-Person: After checking your Emirates ID fines online, you can visit any police station in the UAE to settle your fines. Bring along the necessary payment details and clear your fines with cash or card.
It is important to pay your Emirates ID fines as the ID cards are replacing the residency visa on passports. By clearing your fines, you ensure that your Emirates ID card can be used properly and safely.
Checking and paying Emirates ID fines is a simple process that can be done online or in-person. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can avoid any complications associated with not paying your fines on time. Remember to always check your fines regularly to avoid accumulating large amounts that may be difficult to pay.
What are the most common types of Emirates ID fines?
The most common types of Emirates ID fines include late renewal/registration, damaged card, lost or stolen card, misuse of documents, unauthorized use, misrepresentation of information, and unauthorized duplication.
How can I check my Emirates ID fines?
You can check your Emirates ID fines by visiting the Abu Dhabi Police or Dubai Police websites and selecting the fine inquiry option. You will need to enter the required details and submit the inquiry to view your fines.
What is the penalty for unauthorized use of an Emirates ID card?
If you allow someone else to use your Emirates ID card, you will be fined AED 500.
How can I pay my Emirates ID fines?
You can pay your Emirates ID fines online using the official portals of Ministry of Interior, Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai Police, Abu Dhabi Police, and Dubai Roads and Transport Authority. Alternatively, you can visit any police station in the UAE to settle your fines in person.
Why is it important to pay my Emirates ID fines?
It is important to pay your Emirates ID fines as failure to do so can lead to complications in using your Emirates ID card, which is replacing the residency visa on passports. Additionally, fines may accumulate over time, making it more difficult to pay them in the future.